New handbooks published
A new edition of The New Zealand Building Code Handbook has just been published, reflecting the changes introduced by the Building Act 2004, Building (Specified Systems, Change the Use, and Earthquake-prone Buildings) Regulations 2005 and amendments to other documents.
The latest edition provides information on:
- how the building controls regulatory framework works
- current definitions
- lists of all standards referenced in Compliance Documents
- a current index for Compliance Documents.
The revised 'compliance schedule' section from the first Building Code Handbook is now contained in a separate publication called the Compliance Schedule Handbook. This contains information on:
- compliance schedule and building warrant of fitness regimes
- how to identify a specified system
- how to develop a compliance schedule
- suggested inspection and maintenance procedures.
The New Zealand Building Code Handbook and the Compliance Schedule Handbook are available for free electronically on the Department's website www.dbh.govt.nz.
Hard copies can be bought from the Victoria University Book Centre www.vicbooks.co.nz .
For more information, call our Contact Centre on 0800 242 243 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org